Thursday, May 31, 2012

Of Dusk and Dawn - Day 2!

Day Two into Dungeon Making! I didn't take as many screenshots along the way due to being buried in math and calculations for circles! But I think I am onto a very good start. Have a look at my second room!

First thing I did was take my blue ceiling in the front room and...changed it! I played with a couple of colors and finally ended up deciding on this:



I played around with the middle floor, but I ended up in the top room with the two smaller rooms. I couldn't decide where a chessboard would fit in here, but I decided it was best up in this area as this area was not big enough for the other two rooms I have decided to create.



I did all the walls up in white first and then swapped out one side for black.



After getting those in place I got the floors and ceilings up!





The chessboard where was a lot of the math came into play. If you do it right, it's rather easy to duplicate and replace items to make the chessboard. I started with setting 4 blue azure tiles at size 5 in the area I wanted the chessboard to be in.



After that it was a matter of laying out the smaller tiles to get the right spacing between them. After some long calculations and a headache, I settled on keeping the chessboard tiles at size 1. I removed the azure tiles once I was done, because I felt it just through things off too much.



Here's the room mostly finished now! I did up the doorways, but probably going to add and fix a couple of issues with them, so far they are big and easy to move around.







The two side rooms are going to play a heavy role in the "quest" for this dungeon! Both have domed ceilings!





I just love making domed ceilings out of stained glass tiles!



So that's today's work. Today took me around...10-12 hours worth of work with breaks and naps of course, but it still took a very long time. Tomorrow I will tackle the middle floor and then I just have the garden floor for wall coverings! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment