Sunday, June 3, 2012

Of Dusk and Dawn - Day 4, 5, and 6?

Day 4, 5 and maybe 6? I've lost track of how long I've been working on this place. I've finally got all except one room settled and built. Today was spent covering the two hallways and fixing some things to use less items and less of my dividers that I am starting to run low on!





Layla has started helping me get some filler items in and start dropping in mobs and placing them. She's been having a ton of fun working with the mobs! There's a lot you can do with mobs. You can adjust their level, their wander or static patrols and even renamed them or make them say funny things. It can get rather addicting to just start dropping mobs all over the place, so we'll have to make sure we don't pile them up too badly!





I debated on covering the hallways and stared at them for a very long time before finally deciding that to better fit with the rest of the design, they will have to be covered. I realize that I do a ton of wall covering in my decorating... Sorry SoE team I just don't like your walls! Plus it can be rather fun to make a place look like something else or build your own rooms. I'm a big fan of using the circle tool to make circle rooms and dome ceilings!





I may add some wall details here and there, not sure yet, but that'll be my next step tomorrow or so!








It's really starting to shape up nicely!









I was afraid I might not finish in time for the contest, but with how things went these last few days, we might just make it in time! I still have to write up the quest for the zone, but I have a pretty good idea of what I will write, so it should fall together pretty good on Monday!













I'll have to add some lighting here and there. The black marble is awesome, but too much of it and things just get too dark. Adding some eerie lighting will perk it right up!









I wanted this hallway and the other to be fairly the same with only some minor details different due to the theme and story for the dungeon. I think it's shaping up rather nicely!













Well, a few more days and our dungeon will be complete! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment