Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Of Dusk and Dawn - The Test Run

Well, I've finished my dungeon! Now to take it on a test run. I roped in my assistant and best friend, Layla to help me test run this dungeon. She's put in a lot of work herself helping place things and playing with the mobs. At one point I think I was covering in wolf mobs while she was playing with them and I was playing with the walls. Yes, this has been a fun experience and even more fun to do as a pair!

Before I post up pics of the final, I decided to take a few screenies throughout our test run! I choose the Construct because I just like that one and Layla looooves being a shrooom, so she's my shroom girl!



Dead things! So far so good. I ended up pulling the whole room or so because I'm a dork and well playing as a swashbuckler for the past 6 years make you always pull mobs in groups to AoE them. the only problem is... only 1 AoE on most of the avatars.





One problem we ran into with my design, is mobs can tend to hide in the walls. Luckily, you can still smash them!



Woot! I got a heal!



I like pulling groups, so I agroed the entire garden pretty much. Can you hear Layla shroom screaming, "Omg omg we're gonna die!"



Upstairs I actually tried to pull more than one, but again I was a complete dork and well I pulled everything! Except one guy...



I missed one! That bastard! Let's kill it.



Two more rooms then we'll be on our way to the final room!





So far I haven't killed anyone! Except the mobs.



And now the final... hey there's the exit!



And there you have it folks, a successful test run! We didn't die, but I did check my revive spot and you should be fine when you revive. If house items end up on top of you... I'm sorry.

This dungeon is now on the leaderboards under the Poet's Palace section. It is called: Of Dusk and Dawn. Duh!

No comments:

Post a Comment