Monday, August 12, 2013

Vale of the Eternal Tempest

Name: Neversea
Location: Storm Island, Freeport
Server: Antonia Bayle
Leaderboards: Massive Homes, Vale of the Eternal Tempest
Decorator(s): Neversea and Lalayla Crimsonblade

Out of all the homes I have recently decorated this is my favorite.  It was originally supposed to be a recreation of Fallingwater but it didn't quite turn out that way.  I am still very pleased with how it turned out and I plan to eventually possibly do a full recreation of the Fallingwaters home.

It was quite a challenge to build this house as I don't do a whole lot of actual building of buildings do to normally only building inside homes.  I'm working on doing more actual structures ;)  Enjoy!


You have survived the storm and have made it to the shores of the Vale of the Eternal Tempest.  But will you be able to leave the island?  Will you brave the storm once more?

I wanted a very clay look and the teak was about the only color for that.  I was afraid it wouldn't look right, but with the lighting in the storm isle it came out looking darker and now I <3 it!


Let's go inside!  I don't know why, but I demanded to have a cubby under the stairs, so now I have one.






I decided that I didn't want a pile of rooms and walls in the home.  It was designed with an open concept in mind with all the windows, so I followed that with an open central room.





The Chess and Reading Nook


Back wall-window.  Sorry you can't walk through it!


Kitchen and Bar


Upstairs we have the study.



The Bedroom



The baths



Bath controls!  It'll heat the water, cool the water, make it bubble and all sorts of other things!


The balcony


Time to roast some marshmallows!


The balcony is made of glass and hovers partly over the kitchen.  You can look straight down and see what's cooking for dinner!  Or see who's trying to steal the rum...


Let's take a peak outside!

The Tower has been sealed.  Only one with powerful magic or born of blood may enter this place. 

The tower is currently under construction!  And is one of the current projects I am working on.


The Watchman's Guarding Dark - A little homage to Terry Pratchett's Thud!

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Who watches the watchmen? Me. I watch him. - Terry Pratchett, Thud!


The docks and The Pirate's Star


The shipwreck

Not every ship will survive the Eternal Storm.


The Fishing Hut


And from the fishing hut you can see The Dirty Hangman sailing off into the storm.


I hope you enjoyed your visit to the Vale of the Eternal Storm.  Good luck swimming back to safety!

No comments:

Post a Comment