Monday, July 23, 2012

Garden of Hope

Name: Gardenofhope
Location: Everfrost Summer Home - South Qeynos
Server: Antonia Bayle
Decorator(s): Neversea and Lalayla Crimsonblade
Housing Leader Board: TBD

Over a year ago, I decided to do a project that would span multiple prestige homes. I ran into a lot of issues in the beginning--not having time to dedicate to the project, not having a place for it nor the SC to purchase the needed prestige homes. I'm still struggling to find the time to complete the project and recently I've been struggling to find inspiration for any sort of decorating. But a few days ago, I decided to give it a go and at least get some walls up and something to start working.

I thought it best to show this project as it is built up to show the progress and the little details that will be put in place. I have around 3 or homes for this project, donated by various people in the EQ2 and Raven community, including the donation of a character slot for the homes.

This home was meant to be a memorial garden for the friends of the community that have been lost. This is not for characters that have died or been lost ICly, but for those friends who we have loss due to real life deaths. Each home will be an expansion of the garden and will have a few different themes and places for people to come, sit and remember those lost as we knew them.

I wanted to start with a Felwithe house that was kindly donated to the project, but I ran out of grass tiles to cover the floor, so I have some tinkering to do with that one in order to bring it to full life. So instead I started with the Everfrost Summer Home.

I do want to thank those people who have donated to the garden. I'm sorry, I don't remember everyone who has donated, but just know that I really appreciate the donations and I will somehow, eventually, get everything built and ready for people to come visit soon.

This is nowhere near finished, but here is the beginning of the Everfrost Summer Home, which I have decided to title as: The Midnight Garden


Entry










Side Rooms













I know it's not much yet. it's rather basic, but hopefully with the help of a couple of friends, we can build this place up to be something spectacular. It is currently closed to visitors, but as soon as it is open, I will post and people can come visit it!

No comments:

Post a Comment